Monday, July 23, 2012

A Couple of Summer Drinkies

Miss Mikki is a great bartender and her drinks are legendary.  But I like to concoct a few of my own every once in a while too.  Here's a couple that I made that were excellent with the 108 degree summer weather:

California Collins:

8 Fresh Lemon Verbena leaves (I grow it in my herb garden.)

2 oz of Gin (I'm a Gin connoisseur and have no less than 10 different ones on hand, but I used Beefeaters London Dry for this one.)

2 oz of Apple Juice

1 oz of Seagrams Club Soda Water

In a collins glass, muddle the verbena leaves with a tiny bit of ice in the bottom.  Top up with crushed ice, gin and apple juice. Stir well, then stir in the Club Soda.  Ahhhhh! Surpassingly refreshing!


Porch Crawler:


I laughed when I saw the name of this one....a deja vu? Oui? Pas? This one is savory spicy!

2 oz of chilled Seagrams Club Soda

1 oz of Lemon juice

1 oz of simple syrup

1 Serrano Chile halved and seeded

5 cherries seeded and chopped

3 mint leaves plus a couple for garnish (I have a ton of frekin mint.)

2 oz of white rum

In a cocktail shaker muddle the chile, mint and cherries.  Add crushed ice, rum, lemon juice, and simple syrup.  Shake well and drain into a ice filled collins glass.  Stir in the soda and garnish with mint and a cherry.  Trust me.....it worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment